Sunday, October 29, 2006

What are fancy pants?

Two years ago my daughter Laura was born. She is as girly as they come and loves big bows, frilly dresses, dolls and of course- shoes! I love it, love it, love it! It has been such a nice change from the cars, trains, dinosaurs and war games that my boys are immersed in.

Anyway, she is my third child and quite possibly my last- which would make her my only girl. ( whether we will have a fourth child is a current "discussion" in our household- and the conceding party is yet to be determined) That being said, I find myself wanting to dress her in what I consider "ultra-cute" and I often leave the stores empty handed because of it. What I want just isn't around. ( well-what I really should say is that it isn't around in my price range) .

Now, I have a beautiful younger sister who has an ultra-cute daughter of her own and she directed me to the custom-handmade section of toddler clothing on ebay last spring. Wow!- this is the mecca of adorable outfits and just what I was looking for.

However, I have never been one to pay high prices for something I think I can make myself. Fortunately, I have a passion for sewing. Someday, when the hereditary arthritis kicks in and I can no longer create something on my machine everyday I will be heartbroken. ( I'm counting on the medical masters to create a potion for me by then). So, I began sewing. Since then Laura has been decked out in a complete wardrobe of what has been dubbed "Fancy Pants." In fact, I can hardly bear to put a pair of pants on her that don't have some sort of ruffle, fringe or embellishment.

Fancy pants- I love 'em. They make me smile. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Design Mom said...

Your fancy pants are truly amazing.

I'm so happy you started a blog. I'm listing a link to you on my "Find Cool Mom's" menu.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails