Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sassy Bags- I love 'em!


A few years ago I found a pattern for a purse called a "swing bag." I made one, and then three more. They were so much fun to make, and I always love a new reason to spend hours in a fabric store salivating over the endless possibilites it's "food" affords me. Each bag was unique, and I found myself altering the pattern to fit my taste. I gave them all as gifts. Ever since then I have been in the "non-profit"-business of making bags of all shapes and sizes for myself and others. Unfortuanately I made the mistake of not taking pictures of the bags before gifting them, so I don't have a book to peruse and see past creations like I do of my quilts. ( that being said- if you have one of my bags, please take a picture of it- and e-mail it to me.)


So, these are a couple of my latest creations. I'm always losing my keys, so each bag now had a key toggle which has saved me hours of aimless digging. I'm still quite partial to the funky fringes, although they must be going out of vogue because I'm having the darndest time finding them these days.
Everyone asks me when I'm going to start selling. My response is always, "Someday...."... I'm just afraid that would take all the fun out of it.




6 comments:

Jenni said...

love them, i will send you a picture of mine soon, i love it so very much, i would love to see your quilts too.

Ben and Laura said...

I love these!! Put this on the list of things to do when we have a sewing night!
I love the key fob idea...brilliant!

Lindsey said...

I've been hoping you would start a blog and post pictures of your gorgeous creations. When are you going to start a business? I'm serious. Your bags are awesome. I still use the boppy you made me when I had Lilly.

Kathryn said...

You have a cute blog and I love your sassy bags.

Jenn Stanworth said...

AMANDA!!!

I am *so* thrilled to see that you started a blog - I'm not kidding you that I have tears in my eyes as I type this (though the tears could be in part due to pregnancy hormones). YAYY!

I love your writing - and it is so fun to see pictures of the boys and Laura (gosh, I can't believe how big she is, so cute!)

Your bags are darling - no surprise! Your talents will never cease to amaze me - Martha's got nothing on you! :)

Mo said...

Does Stanton have a sassy bag that he takes to work? He should...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails