Monday, January 22, 2007

Great Fabric!


I was perusing Ebay the other day under "custom/handmade" clothes and found an adorable little girls dress made out of the cutest green fabric covered with daisies. And since I have an obsessive problem with fabric I found myself desperately searching the web trying to find this particular one. I'm embarrassed to say how long I spent on this mission-but I was successful. ( never underestimate the perseverance of a fabric addict!)



Turns out the fabric is made by a designer named Denise Schmidt. She has a website and some great stuff that I can't wait to turn into fancy-pants and purses Check it out here: http://www.dsquilts.com/thegoods.html She is definitely on my favorites list now.


4 comments:

laura said...

I went into a great fabric store in the city. It was just south of Houston, I'm not sure which street it was on. The store was beautiful. Small. Covered ceiling to floor, all walls, with bolts of gorgeous fabric. I loved it, but wouldn't have known where to start and what to buy since I don't sew often. But you would love it! Maybe you already know it and have been there. If I find out more about it, I'll let you know.

Denise said...

hmmm...she has a fine name

Ben and Laura said...

I too have been on the elusive fabric search. I spent a week trying to find this pink, brown and cream line of Robert Allen fabric. Unfortunately, my search did not end like yours...it had been discontinued the year before and there was none to be found!
Glad to find a great new source of fabric!

Amanda said...

Was the store in the fashion district? If so, then I've probably been there. The funny thing about the fabric in NY is there aren't very many good deals. It's a bummer. In fact sometimes they are more expensive. Although there is a lot of beautiful stuff to be had. If you are ever in LA- that's the place to be. Great fabric and great prices in the garment district there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails