Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Cloche Hat- LOVE it!


These days it is usually knitted or crocheted, and since I do neither(despite a few pathetic attempts) I have not considered making them before. But, yesterday afternoon as I perused Ebay, looking at some of the adorable kids clothing creations there, I saw a fabric Cloche Hat with a gigantic flower attached that was to die for! I asked myself- Would she wear it? Could I force her to? My daugther has to have one of these! Thus all my Saturday plans are now on hold and I am making a hat for my daughter. As soon as it's done and I successfully bribe her, with candy, to wear it I will post a picture,

Side note: I had a difficult time finding a pattern for this, but was finally successful when I landed upon a site dedicated to vintage patterns. Seems the cloche hat is attributed to the 1920's. Who new? -although now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure "Millie" wore one of these in one of my favorite flicks/musicals'"Thouroughly Modern Mille." Great show! If you haven't seen it yet- you should consider doing that right away.


1 comment:

Denise said...

Just bedazzle it and make it all broccoli. Then you won't even need candy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails