Monday, March 19, 2007

SLEDDING!

We finally had enough snow (and sunshine) to take the kids sledding this last weekend. We met friends (shout out to the Labelles, Schmidts, Roses, Zarcos, Powells, and Roddys!) over at Flint Park and created what we have dubbed "The Island," which is a gigantic blue tarp spread out at the end of the sled hill. It's a great place where we can watch the kids, eat food and relax on our beach chairs in the middle of winter! Next year we think we'll add even more summer flavor to it and bring a barbecue for some hamburgers and such.I bought a new double seated tube at "The Christmas Tree Shop " for an amazing bargain, (love that store!) and as it turned out it was by far the best ride- much better than the expensive tube I bought the year before. I wish I had purchased 3 or 4 of them. I will definitely be on the look out for them next year. Laura couldn't keep her snow hat up off her eyes. She didn't seem to mind and would just tilt her head way back to get a look at anything that interested her. She loved the sledding and every time we reached the bottom of the hill would say,"Try Again, Mom!"
After sledding we returned home to take hot baths, drink hot cocoa, and watch a movie. It was one of those great days where all we did was spend time with the kids and I didn't worry about my long "To Do" list even once. ( this is a milestone for me people)

2 comments:

Ben and Laura said...

Sounds (and looks) like it was a blast!

Jenn Stanworth said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the Christmas Tree Store - they have one in Paramus now right? Glad that the mommies got in on the tubing action too! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails