Monday, April 02, 2007

The Cookie Scoop!

It wasn't until I married into the Neilson Clan 11 years ago that I learned of this great kitchen gadget called a cookie scoop. My sister-in-law (shout out to you Kari!) gave me one along with a few other baking essentials for a bridal shower gift. Since then, I have become an avid believer in them. How did I ever make nicely even-shaped cookies before? Honestly, I think I just didn't. Since then I've acquired about four of them in various sizes. (Stanton is particular to the scoop that is equal to about 1/4 cup. It makes a meal of a cookie which is almost always still a little doughy-just the way he likes 'em)

The great thing about cookie scoops is that they are so versatile. In addition to making perfectly shaped, professional looking cookies they can also be used for melon balling, ice-cream scooping, and even, as my boys discovered this winter, for quickly making snow-balls. But, if you are a member of the Neilson posterity you learn at a very young age to use them the "proper" way- that is to scoop nicely shaped cookie dough balls directly into your mouth. As you can see here, Laura has already started her training for this acquired skill. By the time she is 5 or 6 she will have it mastered to perfection I'm sure. But for now, I think you need a smaller scoop sweetie!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I agree, I could not live without a cookie scoop. That picture is awesome!

Jenn S. said...

I have one too - it cuts so much time out of whipping up a batch of cookies!

Go Laura!

Kristi Brooke said...

Hippy hop, hippity hop.
Will the Easter Bunny stop?
Will he leave a treat behind,
An Easter basket for me to find?

I'll look over here,
I'll look over there,
I'll look behind things,
I'll look everywhere
I'll look until I find my treat,
And then I'll sit right down and eat.

Happy Easter!

Kristi Brooke said...

i agree those are the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails