Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fruit and Candy Ka-Bobs YUM!


This last weekend, some friends and I threw a surprise baby shower for one of our amazing fellow moms who is having her fifth child this coming August. (shout out to you Denise!) Now, I love any chance I can get to do a buffet table. Although usually, the food is an after thought for me because I mostly enjoy the "decor" part- that is, the table cloth, boxes, baskets, fabric and various items to make nice levels and eye catching, theme-going stuff. It's a real problem have--amongst many.....
Anyway, for this shower we put our heads together and decided it would be fun to combine the decor with the food. Being inspired by a local business we set out to make our own "Edible Arrangements." Marianne and I (shout out to you Marianne!) painted polka dot pots, filled them with cabbage and went to work making all sorts of edible "flowers" on shish-ka-bob sticks We had a great time making them and I think they turned out beautiful. Add a chocolate fountain and Wha-La!- beautiful food and table all in one. Love it!!
The shower was a great success and I think Denise was almost surprised!

6 comments:

jenafeldman said...

Very Fabulous! It was such fun and I love (and appreciate) that you are into the visuals at the party table!!

mae said...

Your party table visuals are an inspiration to me. I need to learn a little more about presentation and accesorizing. It turned out great.

Denise said...

Denise was TOTALLY surprised until about 10 seconds before walking in the yard because Karen Klomp and Linda Gibbs drove by and I put 2 and 2 together. BUT, thought it was a surprise birthday party -- not shower, until I saw the cutest pots ever. Amanda, you really outdid yourself because the table looked amazing and the food was divine. You and Marianne should start a shower catering business.

I loved it almost as much as I love the two of you!

Thank you..thank you!

FancyPantsMom said...

Your welcome Denise. We had a great time! and we love you too!

Jenn S. said...

gorgeous! And yay for Denise and the color blue! :)

liz said...

what a brilliant idea! good jobs ladies

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails