Sunday, July 15, 2007

Milestones

This picture captures two major milestones for our family. To start, we had our first trip to the emergency room with one of our children. Laura walked behind her brother on the swings and had her forehead cut open. Luckily for us, when we went to the emergency room there was a plastic surgeon already there suturing up some other lucky couples' child. I think he did a good job and she won't have to be Harry Potter every Halloween from now on. I consider this trip to the ER a major milestone because Laura is our third child, (and- especially since Kimball ,of all children, is our second child) I don't know how in the world we have escaped ER injuries before this. In fact, I have decided that Kimball must have some important missionary work to do in the future because he has escaped death so very many times. Thankfully, Angels seem to be watching over him.

Our second milestone is a very exciting one for me. I have waited for three years, (impatiently and some times desperately), for this to happen.-- I finally was able to gather up enough hair on Laura's head to insert a hair clip and have it actually stay! Yippee!! Woo-Hoo!! Hallelujah!!
FINALLY! - This brings me much peace as a mother.

4 comments:

jenafeldman said...

LOVE the clip! She looks so sweet!

Lindsay said...

We just had our first trip to the ER too with Emma's broken arm. I was extremely glad when I got the bill that I had insurance.

Congrats on the hair clip. Truly a momentous occasion. Hopefully, she will let you put them in for a long time. My daughter refused to let me do anything to her hair at about 2 and a half.

Denise said...

You crack me up. Laura is darling with or without clip -- and even with stitches. I love the little wisps and curls in the back. She really is a cute, little girl

Ben and Laura said...

Oh she's so cute! Hooray!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails