Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance?

Amanda, Marianne, and Rachel

A savvy friend of mine ( shout out to you Rachel) was able to procure 3 tickets to the "So You Think You Can Dance Concert."- It was awesome! I've always been a big fan of the show, but seeing the dancers live is pretty incredible. I'm not even sure how some of the moves they pull off are even possible! They are pretty inspiring.

Now, I do have to say that lately every time I go to an event like this I feel a little pull on my heart and I find myself fighting the blues. I'm getting so old! Once upon a time I called myself a dancer... Where is that girl? I'm not even sure I could pull off a decent triple pirouette anymore. How did this happen? Motherhood and life took over, I guess.... Still, it is mildly depressing for me to realize that that label of "dancer" I once wore so proudly has been sitting under a dusty pile of "non-use" for so long that I'm not sure it could be brought back to life if I tried.

I could mull over this one for many a worry-filled night, but I'm not going to. I think I'll just start from scratch and sign up for a local class. I'll just enjoy myself and never mention to them that I actually got a degree in the art form- that would be too humiliating!

So, this brings me to the next dilemma- finding a decent, and local, adult class. (because there is no way I'm going to stand in front of a mirror next to a bunch of perky teenage girls. I generally feel good about myself- but no one woman should have to take on that trauma whilst trying to maintain their self-esteem. Seriously- I'm practically three-quarters of the way to menopause!)

6 comments:

Denise said...

I hate to dance, but admire that you do. There's a Fred Astaire place on BPR. Is that what you are looking for?

holly said...

Amen! I always feel the same way. Some girls in my ward and starting to go to classes---they went to one taught by Shane Sparks last night. I was ill, so I opted out. Frankly it terrifies me to go...one of these days, I will. Good luck.

jenafeldman said...

I have to say "Amen". I (gulp) was a dancer too and used to think smugly of my flexibility and grace. I am woefully uncoordinated and unflexible...I love your nerve!

Anne said...

hey-amy pinegar and i are going to the show in san antonio next month. i am glad to hear it was great. love you!

Becky said...

I am so jealous!!! How fun was that!! And, about that dancer inside you - she is still there - at least you don't have layers of fatty flab over her!!! You're beautiful!!

Becky said...

ps That little black bag situation - it will work!! Stay strong!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails