Friday, January 18, 2008

Butter and Bosoms!


When I get an inkling to make cookies or any other treat that requires "softened butter" I am often frustrated with the wait. I like instant gratification and winter weather in New York does not lend itself to quick butter softening. ( I've tried the microwave, but the results are never consistent and usually it melts the butter a tad too much, thus I end up waiting for it to harden again in the refrigerator, which means even more waiting.- I want my treat now!!)


A few weeks ago I expressed this dilemna to my good friend Denise, and she shared a very interesting tip with me....


....When you need cold butter to be softened, stick it down your shirt (still in the wrapper people!) and let it rest for a little bit between your skin and your bra. It will quickly warm up to the perfect temperature!


Now I admit I was doubtful. I do not consider myself to be all that well endowed, so I wasn't sure my anatomy would have quite the warming power of some other women's. But, I am always willing to try new tricks. So today, when I started to make cookies, I put it to the test.


I kid you not, by the time I was done mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl, the butter was ready to go. It was awesome! I just stuck two sticks of butter right down my shirt and rotated them every few seconds and Wha-Lah! I will never wait around for butter again! I love boobies!


Thanks Denise. Your great wisdom has done it again!

7 comments:

Becky said...

oh my goodness - I was laughing so hard!! that was the best!! thanks for making my day!!

Denise said...

I think I can hear Stanton yelling amen (to the last sentence of the second to last paragraph) from somewhere in the background.

holly said...

What a great story and a fantastic tip as well! I will have to try that one myself.

Kim said...

Wow that is too funny, yet interestingly a good tip!

Lynita said...

Oh man I almost peed my pants! Ryan wants to sell our microwave and heat everything with my bosoms! LOL! That is a trick I will try next time!

Spencer, Erin and Anna said...

Hi Amanda! I found your blog through Lynita's. I LOVE the butter tip... but I love even more than you did a post about it! I'll have to give it a try.

Danika said...

So, I was making cookies the other day and the recipe called for "softened butter". I chuckled to myself, but didn't use your trick. I wasn't about to try to explain that one to my husband! Maybe next time...if he's not home. Of course, getting butter softened here only takes about 3 minutes on the counter...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails