Monday, January 28, 2008

A Scrapbook Solution!

A page for Christmas morning 2007 made with "Amy W. Designs" digital template #18
(sadly this was one of the best and only photos we have since I was sick with the flu that day.)

I love to digital scrapbook. (If you want to know all the reasons why, you can read about it here.)

I am far from superb at the art form, but I think it's fun, and I've enjoyed dabbling in it over the last year and a half. I have however, been frustrated with one element of it- the printing. I want 12x12 inch prints that look great and don't cost me a ton. ( such as at Shutterfly where they will charge a hefty $6.99 per page! That is so ridiculous!)

I tried an on-line service that was priced right, but when I got my pages I was really disappointed.- the coloring was way off and it made everyone in the photos look like lobsters, as if we had spent four hours in the hot July sun well after our sunscreen had lost it's potency.

I have also read many comments from other scrappers who have had success at their local Costco. Unfortunately for me, the photo-people at my local store seem to have a very limited education of sorts... so I have been frustrated. What's the fun in making pages if you can't display them in albums?

But, I have good news. Last week I found another website called scrapbooksplease.com that specializes in printing digital pages. I was excited to see their prices, (about 99 cents for a 12x12 print) so I crossed my fingers and ordered some. They came in the mail today and I think they are terrific!

So my excitement for scrapping is back. I can't wait to print the next batch!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow. That is a fantastic price. I am going to check them out.

Lynita said...

My friend in Utah is really good at that sort of thing and she even had her own magazine. I am just not that good at it, so I am trying to convince Ryan to get on board! Cute Christmas page.

The Allred Family said...

Do you design your pages on their website, or do you use your own program to design and just print them there?
Katie

Amanda Neilson said...

You make your own pages in photoshop elements or whatever you have and then they print it for you. It's great! if you haven't gotten into digital scrapping yet, check out Scrappersguide.com and scrapgirls.com
They are good starting points

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails