Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Blessings of Humidity.

I've never been a big fan of humid weather- I like things warm and dry. But since we live in the east I have come to accept that it is an inescapable part of my life and I might as well look for the good in all this wetness.

Well, I have found the good. For 3 1/2 years I have waited to be able to say something nice about my daughters hair. For the most part, she hasn't had any, and when she finally did get some, it was so nasty and stringy that she earned herself a nickname of "Gollum" from her father. ( for those of you who can't remember who that is, think "my precious.....my precious.....") well, I think the bulk of our sad days may be over thanks to the dreaded humidity.

We had a relatively warm day a few weeks ago and took our kids out to play on the rocks at the beach. I took the time to snap a few photos of Laura and I noticed an exciting transformation that the salty wet air treated us to. Her stringy, lack luster hair turned into a head full of wispy curls! I could have cried, I was so happy!

I have since invested in all sorts of curl enhancing hair products and must say that the results have been quite pleasing. She'll probably never have thick gorgeous locks, but we'll take what we can get.

Yeah for humidity!!

1 comment:

Lynita said...

My niece used to have curly hair like that and I loved it! So fun! Laura is adorable no matter what, but the curls look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails