Thursday, April 10, 2008

DisneyWorld!

We had a great time on our trip to Orlando this last weekend. It's always nice to get away and have grown-up time. Sadly I don't think we thought about the kids that much. ( except to notice how relaxed and nice things were without them) Don't get me wrong- we love our kids and actually enjoy being with them, but it's been a long time since we were at an amusement park without having to constantly take a head-count and worry about their safety. Not to mention the incessant need my kids have to be fed because they are always "dying of starvation," and don't forget the ever inconvenient "potty-trips." It's a guarantee that after you've waited in line for an hour to ride "Dumbo", (and when you have finally reached the "boarding" area), one of the kids has to go-"real bad!! )


None of that this time. Just Fun!

My favorite part of the trip was the night we went to see "Cirque de Soliel" ( which is an awesome show. I wish I had the guts to try even half of the stuff those people perform with such ease. ) After that we ventured over to "Pleasure Island" to take a peek at the Disney night scene, and wouldn't you know it but there is a dance club called "8Trax" that only plays 70's and 80's music and is full of the "old folks" like us- which was right up our alley! It was so much fun!

This month we will have been married for 12 years! Where has the time gone?
It was a great anniversary trip and I'm so lucky that I get to spend another gazillion years with my very best friend!

5 comments:

Laura B. said...

So much fun!!! And I love the digi-pages!

Erin said...

OK, a little jealous. Sounds like you had so much fun!

Beth said...

Happy 12th!

lisapow said...

Happy upcoming 12th. I think our Anniversay is on the same day. If I remember right. Looks like you all had a great time :) I feel like I missed out and not even missed.

Jenn S. said...

SO fun! Do the kids know that you were at Disneyworld without them?

Happy Anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails