Thursday, June 19, 2008

Neilson Happenings

We spent the last week in California celebrating a number of special occasions with my family and with Stanton's. We had such a great time, and it was sad to return home only to have to go back to school. (Here in NY we have school until the end of June! Yucky, with a capital Y!! Once June hits it's supposed to be summer people! I need some free time.)


Stanton's younger brother had his two little boys blessed by Grandpa. It was so great to see everyone who traveled in from out of town.

Laura playing "mommy" with her cousin Carson.
My brother Tyler came home from his mission to Spain. We spent the day making signs and banners and blowing up balloons so we could give him a proper and very exuberant "Welcome Home." Times like these call for some of that cheesy family stuff. My kids loved it. And we especially loved seeing him again.
I always love it when we get a cute photo. As usual, Kimball wasn't looking, but I've learned to just be grateful that he no longer pulls a "Ninja Turtle"/karate pose. I'll take the normal child- looking or not- over that any day.
Grandma Greene bought some new Big Wheels ( These are awesome! You can get them here.) and the boys spent hours having their own version Nascar.
The kids with Grandma and Grandpa Neilson.
Nobody loves you like the Grandparenst. My kids are so spoiled!
We head back west in just a few weeks for a long summer trip. I'll be in California with the kids for nearly a month! I can't wait.

5 comments:

holly said...

Love your hair, Amanda. It looks fantastic.
How long in CA? Over what days? Can a meeting be arranged? :)

Beth said...

I agree with Holly -- I love your haircut! And, if there is a meeting arranged let us know!

By-the-way, how is the traction on the big wheels? Nate speaks of his big-wheel days with fondness but I remember lots of spinning tires and going nowhere. Have they improved that?

lisapow said...

priceless pics. Have fun with all the fam. If you get a lay over or somehow end up near Idaho. Let us know!

Amanda Neilson said...

We only rode the Big Wheels on cement which worked great! Not sure if the traction would be a problem on other surfaces. They look like the same old wheels to me.

I should be back from Tahoe with some time to visit the week of August 4th! My mom wants me to stay longer at the cabin but it would be great to come home and visit with you guys!

Lynita said...

Looks like so much fun! I really miss California, especially the FREE beaches and friends with pools in their backyards! That is awesome that you get to go back again, I will be envious in a good way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails