Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vampire Love!

I've been incognito for awhile now. Summer has a way of keeping me from the computer- which is actually a good thing if you think about it. I've noticed (by checking in on a few of my fellow bloggers), that the excitement and bliss of carefree summer days has affected many of you likewise. It comforts me to know I'm not the only one who has failed to post since mid June.

I'm still in California- but couldn't resist sharing a little about my passion this week. Yep- you guessed it-- vampire love!! (Many of you "literary" types who roll their eyes at anything less posh than Dickens just move aside- I am a simple woman and I absolutely love this stuff!) The fourth book in the Twilight series was fabulous. I prepared myself by re-reading the first 3 books this week. I highly recommend doing that. I can't believe how many of the little details I had forgotten. I love fun writers like this. Who knew a vampire could be so delicious?

The only drawback is that it's over. That's always the sad part about finishing a good book. It's like saying goodbye to a close friend. Sigh.........

I won't spoil it by saying much more- just read it!

9 comments:

Danika said...

Thank you for not posting any spoilers! I am so excited also...I just picked up my copy from the library a few hours ago, and have been trying to get caught up on everything else before I sit down to open it, since I know I won't get anything else done for a few days....

Lindsay said...

I loved it too. In fact, I have been re-reading some of my favorite parts. I wish I had read the first three again but I don't own them so I didn't. I think I'll have to do that in a few months when I need a low-brow literature fix.

lisapow said...

I went to the opening night of this!!! So much fun! Sitting outside Barnes and Noble till midnight to get a copy :) I am still only on the 4th chapter because we were out of town all week with good friends and didn't get the chance to read (which is a good thing) but now....I am home and plan to read read read till finishing!!!!!! AHHHHH love it!

JRose said...

So much enjoyment! I loved it! And yes, Summer should be about playing outside! Even though it is way to hot here in TEXAS!

lisapow said...

I am finally to the really good part :) SO GOOD :)!!!

Lynita said...

Oh man I just finished it last night! Ryan got me a copy for our anniversary this last weekend. I had to wait til he was gone to read it but it was worth the wait. I hope that the Host is not a let down after this!

camillion said...

Those who mock while spouting Dickensian prose are just jealous.
WE know what's up.

I gorged on that book in three sleepless nights, and now I'm rereading at a leisurely pace.

lisapow said...

Amanda, since you are a Jacob fan...you need go to youtube and search "my never blue october". Blue October did this song at a concert for breaking dawn. It is EXCELLENT!!!

Kelli said...

Amanda, I have joined the blogosphere and it's been fun getting up-dates on long lost friends. My girls mention you and your family often-whenever the subject of tap dancing comes up of course, and other randome times Emma will say something about Tustin. Anyway, we are Stephenie Meyer fans as well. Fun stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails