Saturday, September 13, 2008

Latest Fancy Pants Item

Fruit Basket Set

Polka Dots (no matching shirt yet)

close up of fish- love 'em!

The "twirl skort"

Laura loves to wear skirts and, to avoid the constant "panty-flash" that comes with that, I try my best to only purchase ones that have built in shorts underneath. Unfortunately most of those seem to be shorter skirts that on her height come off as way too short for my liking.

But, then I found this great pattern at one of my favorite websites. (If you love to sew clothes and projects this is a great site for you!) It is adorable. It looks like a layered skirt but really it's shorts underneath! I just bought t-shirts and embellished them to match.I've made three of these outfits in different fabrics. They are great!

Now Laura can look girly and still maintain a polite decency!

6 comments:

Anne said...

really cute and clever!

Erin said...

Ok, seriously Amanda...do you give sewing lessons??? I really need to learn to sew better. You are amazing!

Rhettand Leslie said...

I love them! She is so dang cute! I love her too!

Becky said...

oh...to have a little girl again!

Becky said...

oh...to have a little girl again!

Denise said...

I love these outfits. The first time I saw Laura in one, I commented on how cute they are. You have such a good eye, and the things you make turn out beautifully. What a gift!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails