Sunday, October 19, 2008

Almost Done!

The counter tops were installed.
The plumbing was connected.
I have a dishwasher again!!

Life's simple joys!!
Things are getting close to finished. We are functional again. Woo Hoo! Yippee!

We still have a lot cosmetic work to be done such as moldings (crown, base, door and window) Also, the back splash still needs to be installed (pending that I ever make a decision on tile) as well as the under cabinet lighting ( again- having a hard time deciding on it) and then we should be about there. Oh- and bar stools. We'll need a place to sit.

Even unfinished, this new space is so much better than the old. It's more organized, more functional, has much better traffic flow and is all together more pleasant to be in.

I know it's silly, and probably some sort of mental placebo, but I think I've become a better, more compassionate, more patient and benevolent mother now that my primary domain is a nice place to be. (My old nasty tile and falling-off-the-walls kitchen was sucking out my personal joy!- Seriously!)

Thank you to all of you who had us over for dinner, dropped food off, took my kids, chiseled away at tile, or otherwise helped me during this process. You are the best friends ever!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

9 comments:

lisapow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so impressed!! You did it soo fast too! I am shocked that it is the same house! I can't wait to see it! I will see you in 3 weeks!

ps. I love love love my under cabinet lighting....

The colors you picked are gorgeous!!

I am seriosuly jumping for joy for you...I know this is something you have really really wanted. Big Smiles & Big hugs over here for you!!

Jenifer Mac said...

Amanda, What a transformation. I have been checking to see the progress. I agree, a woman's home is her castle and when it is nice and new, even better yet! Great job!

jenafeldman said...

This is FABULOUS! I love the way it is turning out. Congratulations and Yay!

Beth said...

It's beautiful! I love it!

Danika said...

It looks amazing! Congratulations! Wish I could be there to see it in person or to help. And no, you're not being silly. I totally agree - I am definitely a better mom now that we are in a house that we love.

Erin said...

I am positively green with envy! My tiny, grungy kitchen makes me grouchy every time I try an even slightly complicated recipe. I completely understand your feelings!

Lynita said...

I absolutely love the cabinets, I can't believe that is the same space! It is so beautiful I am glad that you shall have no more life sucked from you when you enter your kitchen!

Jenn S. said...

Wonderful!!

We also tore ours out and I have to say an "amen" to everything you posted - I feel the same way.

FWIW, It looks like we chose a similar look for our "new" kitchens. Check out my blog for pics, but we also struggled with the backsplash choice and ended up going with white beveled subway tiles (from Ann Sacks tile) with a medium grey grout and it looks divine! It's actually one of my favorite things about the kitchen and I get so many compliments on it - you may want to consider it.

And now it is a *joy* to always have a sparkling clean kitchen!

Hooray!

nyclizzie said...

Oh Amanda, you must be so thrilled! It's exhilarating to cook in a new uplifting environment! (and clean!)

Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails