Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Love!

My front porch decked out with mums and my favorite pumpkin fellows from
"Christmas Tree Shop!" Love those colors!!



I looked out my front window today and could not help but revel in this, my favorite season: Fall, Glorious Fall! How I wish this time of year could last.

The leaves are beautiful, the sky is blue, the air is crisp and I'm craving soups and cinnamon and all things pumpkin!

And speaking of pumpkin, I made some "Pumpkin Crunch" last night for dessert. This is a great recipe because of how easy it is, and with some vanilla ice-cream and a dollop of whip cream it's always impressive and a nice change from pumpkin pie. ( although if you are counting calories this is not the recipe for you. But, remember we all need to splurge now and then.....)
Pumpkin Crunch
1 package yellow cake mix
1 can (16 oz.)solid pack pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped pecans
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease bottom of 9x13
3. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl
4. Pour into pan
5. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture
6. Top with pecans
7. sprinkle with brown sugar
8. drizzle with melted butter
9. bake for approx. 55 minutes
10. Cool Completely

-Serve with whipped cream and/or ice cream
-Refrigerate leftovers

Enjoy! Happy Fall!!!

5 comments:

lisapow said...

I still have this recipe since you made it for a fall RS dinner. I love it! I have made it every fall ever since. Thanks for the reminder and the recipe :)

Fall is my favorite time of year...except now that I am in Idaho (now it is Summer). I miss the beautiful East Coast leaves changing, the smell of leaves.. AHHH....I can't wait to come out :) less than 2 weeks. Madison and I are counting down!!

holly said...

I love fall, too...but it is still summer here! It is going to be 90 multiple times this week. ARGG!

I do love California, but I could really go for some cooler weather...:)

I'm definitely going to try that recipe. It looks delicious!

Danika said...

This sounds so delicious - I am definitely going to try it. I have yet to find anything pumpkin-flavored that I don't like!

Cyndi said...

Wow, your kitchen is gorgeous! How exciting! I will have to try the pumpkin crunch. Looks delicious...

ZAC said...

the recipe looks scrumptious and your new kitchen looks celestial. you are one amazing woman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails