Friday, October 03, 2008

Stick with Barton's!

Tuesday we took our annual trip to pick apples at the orchard. We had a great time, but it could have been much more enjoyable if I had gone to the farm that I like. Instead, we tried out a place called "Silverman's" in Easton CT.

If you live around here, let me make a suggestion for you: DON'T go to this farm. The owners are crabby, they force you to buy a certain number of bags based on your party size (even if half of those party members are under the age of 4!), they limit you to picking one type of apple only, they charge extra to see their farm animals and they are located right on a busy street which you have to cross with all your kids and produce in hand. I will never make the mistake of going there again.

If you are looking for a fun, family-friendly, good-old-country picking farm to go to- go to Barton Orchards. I love that place! It is a huge friendly farm where you can buy the number of picking bags you want regardless of how many children you gave birth to. You can pick a variety of apples, pumpkins and gourds, as well as raspberries, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, peaches, and a myriad of other yummies. They have a fun playground for the kids and animals you can look at- for NO additional cost. They usually have a corn-field maze and all sorts of other attractions for the holidays and it's out in big open space where there is room to breath and the kids can truly have an experience that they always will remember. My kids love to go there and every year we leave exhilarated by the experience.

Writing this makes me want to go there this very week, even though I already have more apples (forced upon me at Silvermans because I have more than one child) than I know what to do with.

Live and learn. Live and learn.

At least I got a couple cute pictures:


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Becky said...

i love your new blog!

Erin said...

Although I haven't been to Barton's yet, I couldn't agree more! I was utterly amazed at how rude the staff was and how expensive the apples were at Silverman's. But, at least it gave Anna and I a good excuse to get out of the house!

holly said...

Your kids are so cute! Laura's hair is just adorable. Seriously, people as good-looking as you guys should have more kids...hee hee :)

Lynita said...

Those are some adorable pix! I love Barton Orchards too, we might go next Saturday if I can make it. I am glad that I didn't go, they probably would have made me pick a bag for my unborn child! LOL!

Kristy said...

Amen sister! Barton is much better, I was so disappointed in Silverman too! Premium prices, limited choices, no food options, too hilly to bring babies, and rude workers.

Kelli said...

Fond memories of going to Barton's when we were there. Very cute pics of the kids. And your kitchen is looking great. What a project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails