Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Years Resolution

Snuggling up on Christmas Eve

Another Christmas season has come and gone. They never last long enough for me. It seems like vacation is the only time to just chill and visit with the kids. We have the time to talk and play games and do fun things together. I love it!

I dropped my daughter off at pre-school and another mom exited at the same time as me saying something like, "Phew- after two weeks of them I am so glad my kids are all back in school and I can just be alone again." I felt so sad for her. Certainly, I value my personal time, but she seemed excessively happy to be "rid" of her kids. Maybe her children are particularly difficult- I should give her the benefit of the doubt. Mine definitely have their bad days, but I can't hold it against them, considering how many bad days I seem to be able to crank out myself. But, in the end, cranky moments and all, I still really like being around them and am always a bit sad when they're off and gone.

Besides, it's only a matter of years before they decide it's not cool to hang-out with me anymore. I need to cherish these days when they still think I'm a little bit cool.

Thus, my main new year's resolution is to "stop and smell the roses." If the dishes aren't done, the beds aren't made, and my front room is a disaster---- and yet my daughter wants to sit and read a book with me? I'm going to breathe, find my inner peace and read the darn book!!!

So, if in the coming year you visit our home and are a bit surprised at the mess, just know that I love my family. My sister gave me a cute saying that I think expresses it nicely:

FAMILY
We may not have it all together,
but together we have it all.

Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments:

lisapow said...

I love that family picture!! You all look so happy!

Becky said...

I have that saying above the doorway in the kitchen!! I love it!! I love the family pic - so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails