Monday, February 02, 2009

A Pinkalicious UN-Birthday.

I've always enjoyed throwing parties for my kids' birthdays. I like making the invitations and the decorations and planning treasure hunts and presents. Yet, even though I like doing them, it doesn't preclude me from my usual downfall of procrastination. For instance, last year my son's birthday party was in June, even though he was born in December! That was a full six month lapse so I guess I'm making progress being that my daughter actually turned 4 in November. That's a full three month improvement!


Laura loves the Pinkalicious book and when I saw it listed on her Scholastic Book Order form an easy party idea started brewing. I figured all I had to do was make some pink cupcakes and some pink play-dough, read the book to the kiddos, then let them play-- and call it done! So that's just what we did. It was a fun day.

(The invitation)

The go-home-goodie- a Pinkalicios book and a specially wrapped package of fruity Mentos.

Party Highlight- reading the book of course!


Some kids felt a little nervous about eating the pink cupcakes and worried they might actually turn pink!- we had some green foods on hand just in case!

My birthday girl!

I can't believe my baby is now a little girl! She is such a joy in my life. Without her I may never have become a fancypants mom- and oh how I do love the fancies!

When Laura received her baby blessing her Dad blessed that she would "be a comfort and a joy to her mother." Truly that is what she is to me. I just love her so much!

Happy Happy (belated) Birthday to my own pinkalicious, fancy girl!

9 comments:

Danika said...

I'm not familiar with the book, but what a cute, fun idea for a little girl's party! I'm definitely filing this idea away for a few years...

Leslie said...

Once again I have sister envy. What an adorable party. I love it! Happy Birthday Laura We love you!

Bethany said...

How fun!

lisapow said...

cute

Denise said...

How fun. You're a good Mom.

Jenn S. said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Laura!

Amanda, I remember (before you were ever pregnant with Laura) your saying that you wanted all boys and that you wouldn't even know what to do with a baby girl - and now look at you! Having pinkalicious parties and being a fancy pants mom! You were definitely meant to be a mom to a little girl too!

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Laura!

I just found you on this and love it. Your party and what you wrote brought tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful Mommy you are. And of course Laura is the sweetest thing a Mom could dream of.

amay said...

Great pinkalicious ideas! Where did you get those great invites?

Amanda Neilson said...

I made the invitations in Photoshop elements. Very easy to do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails