Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Violins


It is Valentine's Day 2009 and I am alone.

Where is my husband you ask? Oh---- he would be somewhere in Canada, with other Neilson men, skiing, getting massages, and soaking in the hot tub.

Surely this was a special, one time, couldn't pass it up opportunity.

But wait! Where was my husband on Valentines Day 2008?.......You guessed it!! --Somewhere in Canada, with other Neilson men, skiing, getting massages and soaking in the hot tub.

Now, where will my husband be on Valentine's Day 2010? I cannot say where his heart will be that day. Perhaps it will be dreaming of the slopes and a good massage-- but his physical presence, his actual person, had better be here WITH ME!!!

I understand the need for male bonding - but this sacrifice on my part will not extend another year! I see no reason why this weekend trip cannot be planned for any other single week out of the winter season that does not "coincidentally" happen to fall on this romantic day, that CANNOT be planned another day. (You can pretend that the week before or the week after is Valentine's Day- but it's not.)

I've said my peace. Love you sweetheart!

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Watch out, Stanton. I've heard this in person -- she means it!

Erin said...

Oh man, that stinks! I definitely sympathize. Valentines Day may be a Hallmark created holiday but men should know better than to mess around with it. We women take it very seriously!

Chelsa said...

You definitely deserve a weekend away next Valentines Day! I think it's funny they've planned a ski trip the same weekend 2 years in a row. I spent my Valentines watching Tinkerbell with the girls... oh well! Hope you're doing well. Love ya, Chelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails