Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A Morning Boost



This morning I woke up to music and it was great! I always wake up to the radio- but it's usually set to NPR and I drag myself out of bed to the drone of some British voice talking about Afghanistan, the latest from Obama, the state of the economy- or other equally depressing stuff.

But not today.... Somehow my clock had gotten switch to a music station and it became a major boost to my day!They were playing the song above by Train titled "Hey Soul Sister." I love it! It puts a smile on my face and makes me want to dance- and I firmly believe that dancing is the best way to start any good day!

So, with such a positive morning, why don't I always have my clock set to awaken me with music? Simple--my past experience with morning DJ's is this: They are all disgusting! They are crude and vulgar and full of themselves and I hate listening to them.

Why do radio producers think we want to wake up to, or commute to work listening to, a bunch of jerks telling crude jokes and laughing at themselves? If they would all shut-up and just play music then I would tune in, but they don't! They blab on and on offending me right and left and so I avoid them at all costs.

I have to believe that a huge portion of America would agree with me on this because I also believe that most of America is still made of decent, moral, family-going folk and NOT the select group of trashy a-moral losers that get themselves videoed on various reality shows! And if my suspicious are indeed correct- radio hosts should figure it out and stop with the nasty potty talk!!!

OK- I have said my peace. Back to the music...

I have learned a good lesson today, and I'm going out to get a clock that I can hook up to my IPOD, thus ensuring me many more smiley, upbeat, music-filled mornings in the future! (Because honestly people- I couldn't care less about what Obama said or didn't say this week! He makes my skin crawl!)

I love the new song by Train, but it is not alone in my list of happy, pick me-up songs. I'm sure you each have your own, but in case you want some ideas here are a few of mine. (I put links with some of them so you can have a taste!) Enjoy!

"When The Night Hears My Song" by Bedouin Soundclash
"The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani (clean version!!!)
"Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus **my kids and I can rock the kitchen with this one!
"Mardy bum"by Arctic Monkeys- not a big dancer but still makes me happy
" Sk8er Boi" by Avril Lavigne
"Dancing with Myself" by Billy Idol try the Glee version here!
(this will always make me think of my older brother dancing in the family room and jumping all over the furniture- about 25 years ago! It's still a good one!)

"Shot Through the Heart," and "Livin on a Prayer" by BonJovi (They never get old!)
"Blue Suede Shoes" by Carl Perkins
"Cowboy Casanova" by Carrie Underwood
"Young Blood" song from musical "Smokey Joe's Cafe"
"Good people" Jack Johnson (again not a big dancer- but i still love it.)
"Pata Pata" - an African folk dance song. So fun for kitchen dancing!

4 comments:

ZAC said...

Your take on morning DJ's is RIGHT ON Amanda. My husband made the poor decision of tellig me how he listens to some of the "a-moral losers" you mentioned! These specific individuals conduct a morning radio program called "Confession Wednesday." They let people confess their sins on air, after which they verbally pat them on the back for cheating on their spouse, or whatever the sin they cared to confess. Honestly.

Love the song by Train!

Britney said...

I agree with you on so many things in this post that I will just say "ditto" -- again, and again, and again.

This is a great idea. I love this song by Train and I love that you made a whole list. I had forgotten about Pata Pata -- I'll have to get that for my kids. Love this. We love to dance around the kitchen (to a lot of Glee songs as of late) but we are happy to have new songs. Thanks for the great ideas.

lisapow said...

I love that song!!!!

Denise said...

I want you to know that I read this post right after you posted, but was distracted by one of my kids when I went to comment. So, now I'm back and want to say, "I totally agree!" The morning show guys are too crass to listen to. But, waking up to a good song is infectious. That's partly why I teach music class! What better way to start a day than to sing a dance with a room full of cuties!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails