Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Don't Fence Me In

If someone were to ask you to tell a story about David from the Old Testament, I am sure that for most of you, like me, you would tell about the young boy who because of his faith in God was able to slay the mighty Goliath with a single stone. That would be most of us...

I however, am the mother to a little boy who never thinks inside the box. I often wonder what it would be like to spend a day inside that beautiful brain of his. I'm not sure that I would be able to keep up actually, since it's always going a mile a minute and making crazy 360 degree turns and such.

Anyway--- back to my original thoughts about David. Kimball's primary teacher approached me to share a funny experience about my a fore mentioned son. They were playing a game of Scripture Pictionary and she gave Kimball the clue of "David." He quickly went to the chalkboard and proceeded to draw an eyeball, a stick figure off to the side, and an arrow pointing from the eyeball to the figure. She was a little perplexed and needless to say, nobody in the class could guess what Scripture story he was portraying- so he told them:

"You know, it's when King David was looking at the naked lady."

Oh... well.. Yes, of course. Can't believe we didn't think of that one first!

Now, for some reason I can't stop singing that Bing Crosby/Andrew Sisters song titled: "Don't Fence Me In."
Don't worry, Kimball I wouldn't even try. I love the way you think.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails