Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Couch Potatoes

Shhhh! Nobody move! He's sleeping!


It is well past lunch time and I have finally gotten this little stinker to rest. I strapped him down into the car seat and forced the binky on him. It will probably only last 10 or 15 minutes. A mother can dream...

Call it colic, reflux-- I don't have a clue-- but I might lose my sanity soon! I keep thinking there must be something I'm doing wrong--something I forgot in the last 6 years that it took us to decide to have this baby.

I've never had a child like this! In my past experience my babies will nurse and then snooze for a few hours, thus letting me sleep if needed, or clean and work on projects or run errands or something! I will take anything at this point! I can't figure this kid out.

He hates the bath. All my kids have loved the bath! It's warm and splashy- and mommy sings to them... but not Warren. He will have none of it. (I thought maybe he just hated my singing- but the silent bath is no good either.) He screams bloody murder the whole time.

He hates to have his diaper changed. Again- bloody murder screaming- which is especially lovely at 2 in the morning.

He could care less for the binky! All my kids love the binky! I love the binky! How can this be?

Some days are better than others. Take yesterday- he acted fairly normal and although still more agitated than my other babies, he had a good Warren day- a day where I started to think that he's coming out of it and that we are getting into the swing of things.... and then the sun sets and we have a night like last night. He just won't sleep for any extended period of time.

I would call it an overall lack of contentment. It's very sad! It makes me sad for him and it makes me sad for me. Even the before mentioned tummy sleeping doesn't seem to be working these days. If he were 6 months I'd let him scream it out, but I can't do that now when he's so little. It would break my heart.

So we sit here together on the couch all day.

I may never get out of my pajamas. I guess I should get online and order some cuter ones.

But that will have to wait for another 10 minute window. My current window just shut..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails