Monday, March 21, 2011

Parfaits

Every now and then I get an itch to make a yummy fun treat. Now for me, "every now and then" is equivalent to a couple times a week- and is a key reason why diets would never work around here. (especially since 2x a week only relates to making the treats. My desire to eat the treats is a daily occurrence!)

Luckily for me, I don't believe in dieting, and in fact think it's morally wrong, so I try not to worry too much about it! Thus- another reason I will remain post-pregnancy-chubby for much longer than I probably should. Oh well! Like I always say, I would rather exercise for an additional hour each day than stress about every calorie.

Anyway, yesterday was one of those days and since Warren was taking long luxurious naps, I had a few extra minutes and used them to make a time-honored favorite of mine. Jello Parfaits!! ( a few years ago I wrote about how fantabluous they are.)

Aren't they pretty? I never will outgrow them.

Warren was so excited about our parfaits that he lost his usual seriousness for a fraction of a second and, I believe, gave me a smidge of an un-related-to-gas first smile!

2 comments:

Anne said...

those look amazing! now i have a new craving. and warren is adorable.

Britney said...

Agreed. Those parfaits look delicious -- as does little Warren. He definitely fits right in with the others!!! I can't believe you are already up and cooking treats! You are such a champ!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails