Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spa Baby Tub

I mentioned before that Warren doesn't care for the bath. He hates to be naked, or even mildly chilled, which was becoming a bit of a problem for me because I LOVE a freshly bathed baby. They smell so delicious and are so warm and snugly. What was a mom to do?

Then I remembered this crazy bath "pot" that my girlfriend used when her daughter was born. (shout out to you Marianne- the queen of all the latest gizmo's- I love ya!) I thought it was so funny. It looked like you should fill it with soil and plant tulips in it.. but I wondered if it might be the solution for my little guy to finally get happily clean. So I gave it a try...

I kid you not- this thing is awesome!! I stripped my baby naked which, of course, started the scream fest and then the moment we placed him in the pot-- wallah!!-- Instant relaxed baby! All the tension oozed right out of him. It was amazing! He was so happy. I think he could have stayed there all day! Check out his glazed over look...
Isn't that adorable? He looks like a little Buddha that we planted for the spring!

If you are having similar problems bathing your babe--I highly recommend this! Here is the website for the Spa Baby Tub, which I'm using. They say it's the most warm, relaxing, calming, soothing and womb-like tub on the market. ( I whole heartily agree now.) You can even watch their video on why this is the best tub ever! There is another brand called the Tummy Tub that looks exactly the same- but has an optional pedestal type stand/stool for it. I'm sure it's great too.

**The one negative is that whilst your little one is small and can't hold their own head up- it's a little bit awkward to hold their head out of the water and clean them at the same time. It works best for me to have my husband hold his head up while I do the scrubbing. Normally this would seem like a pain and a major deal breaker for me- but now I'm just grateful for something that works, and it's actually been fun for us to bathe him together at night. Family bonding time!

I love love this tub!

7 comments:

ZAC said...

I want one for myself, haha! I hate that pregnant women are told not to sit in hot tubs because that's basically all I want to do right now. Warren's look is the deal breaker for me. It's easy to see that he's somewhere else when he's sitting in that tub.

As for his colicky-ness: I never thought I'd be one to say this, but maybe you need to attempt taking various foods out of your diet and see if it cures his unhappiness. I never thought I'd be one to give up milk. I LIVE FOR MILK IN MY CEREAL. But I did give it up because with advancement in age, it was causing me escema. Not that I'm a baby, but as we age, our immune systems take a beating anf every year we become more vulnerable to allergies. Babies aren't all that different. Good luck to Mom and babe. There'a always a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully your tunnel isn't that long...!

holly said...

that has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen...I love the way he looks in it! So cute.

Leslie said...

I love it! He is so adorable! I wish I could come over tomorrow and just hold him. So sad we live to far for that. He is going to be so big the first time I see him. I hope you had a great birthday. Love You!

lisapow said...

He is such a cutie Amanda! I love that picture

Britney said...

I'm so glad someone I know has tried this. I've been curious to see how it is to actually use it. All of my babies HATE having baths and they definitely hate being naked. I will admit though that it does look a little complicated/difficult, but I think every method of bathing an unhappy baby is difficult. I may have to give this a try.

Britney said...

Amanda, have you heard anything about this one vs. the Prince Lionheart washPOD one?

Amanda Neilson said...

I hadn't heard of the "Lionheart washPOD- but I looked at the picture and I bet it's just as good,(I have never been one for brand loyalty) and it's cheaper! I say give it a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails