Thursday, March 10, 2011

Welcome Baby!

I've had a number of people shoot me emails etc. wondering if I've ever had the baby. Thankfully I can announce that yes!!... I am NOT 42 weeks pregnant!

Warren Rockwell was born on February 26th . He did NOT come early like my other kids, and he did NOT come fast like my other kids. I think we have started a trend here and this little guy will most likely be quite the individual with his own personal style about things. Although- if you think about it- individual style (with a touch of quarkiness) could actually be considered a norm amongst my offspring....so it all depends on how you look at it.

I went into labor Friday night around dinner time and arrived at the hospital around 3AM. Going into labor at night is the pits because you end up missing an entire night of sleep. By Saturday morning I was completely delirious from lack of sleep and that makes the pain so much worse. Stanton kept encouraging me to "go natural" because he knows I like the faster recovery time I get that way...so I toughed it out all night long. Then in the morning around 10AM they broke my water ( mine never breaks on its own) and I fell apart. Per usual everything was much worse after that. I felt like I'd been put in the stockades all night long and I panicked- so I begged for the epidural!

But alas, I had waited too long and Warren was not hanging around waiting for me to get more comfortable... so the anesthesiologist suggested he give me a quick "spinal." At that point I was desperate and would have taken anything he wanted to give me- so the spinal it was. Let me say- that was a crazy sensation! Within seconds I was a complete parapalegic! I couldn't feel anything! Stanton and the nurse each had to hold onto one of my legs so they didn't completely flop off the table. My lower half was a giant dead fish! It was VERY glamorous!!

(Looking back, part of me wishes I had just gone for it. After all, I only had about 15 minutes left to go. But at the time I was so tired, I just couldn't deal anymore- so the other part of me says-- "Been there done that!- No thanks!" I'll take the dead fish!) ...and about fifteen minutes after that Warren joined the world!

He is a little angel. There really isn't anything like a newborn. Just looking at him makes me feel peaceful. (except for maybe at 2 AM when he's still sucking the life out of me for the 3rd hour in a row.) But- all the other times--I feel quite relaxed!
It's all worth it. Every ache and pain, every varicose vein, every extra pound I'll be stuck with for the next year or so, all the lost hours of sleep, all the lost hours of everything...he's worth every last bit of it.

7 comments:

Anne said...

i love this baby! now that i have seen him...i miss him. he is so sweet and you are awesome. congratulations!

Britney said...

What an adorable little boy!!! Mercy you make attractive kids!!! I'm glad it went well and you are both healthy. And that name....talk about naming for success. He's a keeper! Congratulations!!!!

P.S. How big was he?

Danika said...

So glad you posted. I was just thinking about you today and wondering, but I didn't dare email after your last post! :)
He's adorable! Congrats! Glad everyone is healthy & happy. Keep the blog posts & cute photos coming! :)

Denise said...

Oh he is just divine! I love him already. And I'm so glad he's here, and you're both well. Nicely done!

Bethany said...

He is beautiful -- he really is!! I've been wondering about you, but there was no way I was going to call or email after your last post. Glad he made it!

lisapow said...

Congrats to you ALL! He is beautiful! He looks like baby Kimball to me. What an adorable baby...you all must be so proud!

lisapow said...

Ohhh I hope you can get some sleep. He is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails