Thursday, May 05, 2011

Margarita cupcakes

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Historically, I have never done anything to celebrate Cinco De Mayo with my kids, which is very sad because I love any excuse to have a party! This year, being that Tustin began his first semester of Spanish, I am going to get my act together and bring on the Latino flavor!

I've got dessert all taken care of with these super yummy Virgin Margarita Cupcakes. I smooshed two different recipes together (omitted all the usual alcohol) and made a change here and there. They are so delicious! I love anything that is tangy and limey so these are just up my alley.

Here's the recipe:

Margarita Cupcakes:
Cake:
1- white or yellow cake mix
1-3.5oz. instant vanilla pudding mix (dry)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup margarita mix
1 TB orange juice
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1.5 sticks butter, room temperature
zest and juice of 2 limes
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Combine cake ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool.

For the frosting: Combine the cream cheese, butter, lime juice and zest, and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy. Slowly add in salt and sugar, and mix until combined.

Frost cupcakes and top with a lime slice and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Makes 24 cupcakes.

Now go and make them!

1 comment:

Anne said...

i can verify that these were amazing. and i'm not ashamed to say that the 2 i took home were not shared with anyone but the baby in my tummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails